Triangle Drill - a great defense netball drill
need 4 players and 1 ball.
Three players in a triangle 3-4 metres apart, one with ball (thrower). The fourth player (defender) stands opposite thrower, between and a little in front of the other two players (receivers). Thrower then makes chest pass to either receiver, defender must try to intercept. After five clean interceptions, players rotate.
Keys to remember while doing and instruction this drill:
* Adjust distances according to size/skill of defender to ensure realistic chance
* Ensure good fast chess passes only, no overheads
* Defender should react to ball, not thrower's eyes
* Defender should use correct technique to come around attacker (outside arm)
* Ensure defender does not 'creep up' on thrower.
Progression Make defender stand back on or behind the line between the receivers, widen gap between receivers